Security remains one of the biggest concerns and most challenging responsibilities facing small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) today. In 2021, there was a 300% increase in ransomware attacks with over 50% reaching small businesses. To address this challenge, Microsoft is investing in security solutions purposefully designed to help protect them.
Microsoft Defender for Business is a new endpoint security solution designed especially for the small and medium-sized business (up to 300 employees). With this endpoint security solution, your company’s devices are better protected from ransomware, malware, phishing, and other threats.
Defender for Business elevates security from traditional antivirus to next-generation endpoint detection and response protection. It offers simplified configuration and management with intelligent, automated investigation and remediation. Defender for Business also helps protect against a range of threats including malware and ransomware across Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices and in the cloud.
Defender for Business includes the following capabilities:
- Threat and vulnerability management – Helps you to prioritize and focus on the weaknesses that pose the most urgent and the highest risk to your business, by discovering, prioritizing, and remediating software vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Attack surface reduction – Reduces places your company is vulnerable to a cyberattacks across your devices and applications using capabilities such as ransomware mitigation, application control, web protection, network protection, network firewall, and attack surface reduction rules.
- Next-generation protection – Helps to prevent and protect against threats at your front door with anti-malware and antivirus protection—on your devices and in the cloud.
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR) – Get behavioral-based detection and response alerts allowing you to identify persistent threats and remove them from your environment.
- Automated investigation and remediation - Helps to scale your security operations by examining alerts and taking immediate action to resolve attacks for you. By reducing alert volume and remediating threats, Defender for Business allows you to prioritize tasks and focus on more sophisticated threats.
- APIs and integration - Automate workflows and integrate security data into your existing security platforms and reporting tools. For example, you can pull detections from Defender for Business into your security information and event management tool.
Defender for Business is designed to deliver maximum security value at a price point that works for your business. Contact us to get help managing Defender for Business as part of your overall security program.