In a Microsoft SharePoint document library, you can create a new file, upload your own, and then share it with others. Watch this short video to learn how.
Create a file
- To create a new file, select New and the file type you want.
- When the new file opens in your browser, add text, images, and more to your file and it’ll automatically be saved to the document library.
- Select the site name to see the new file in your document library.
Upload a file
From your computer, select the file you want and then hold down your mouse to drag and drop it into the document library.
Share a file
- Select the file you want to share so a green checkmark appears.
- Select Share.
- Select an option to share your file:
- Add the emails of people you wish to share your file with. Type in a message, and then select Send.
- Copy Link creates a direct link to the file that you can share in an email or IM.
- Outlook opens up your Outlook app with your file attached to a new email.