As cybersecurity threats become more complex and frequent, it’s critical to keep security tools up to date — but many small and midsize businesses don’t have a security strategy at all, never mind the latest defenses. Don’t leap to the latest and greatest without following these best practices, too:
- Keep your operating systems and software up to date
- Shut down unnecessary system processes
- Make security everyone’s responsibility, not just IT’s
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in threat intelligence
- Build a team to create and enforce security and compliance policies
- Audit those policies and procedures to ensure they’re effective
Xantrion can help you implement state-of-the-art security tools as well as the best practices to support them. For more details, visit Xantrion Managed Security, then contact us.