It’s as true with cybersecurity as anything else: the more you practice, the better you get. But more than half (52%) of the respondents to a recent security survey admitted that they train employees to spot cyberattacks once a quarter at best, while another 24% claimed to provide training monthly. Only 11% said they train their employees continuously. No wonder successful cyberattacks keep happening!
Fending off attackers means making security awareness training part of your daily organizational culture. It turns out that it helps your employees feel responsible for protecting your digital assets – and guilty if a breach happens. And that means they take being on their guard much more seriously.
The survey suggests doing these six things to beef up your security stance:
- Get buy in and commitment from senior leadership
- Select training subjects that pertain to employees’ roles
- Be persistent
- Ensure training is engaging
- Underscore the importance of basic security hygiene through real-life examples
- Keep track of training effectiveness
Xantrion’s security pros have all the expertise you need to implement and monitor an ongoing cybersecurity awareness training program. Contact us and we’ll get you started.