Hurricane season is in full swing, and Hurricane Dorian is expected to arrive in Florida early next week.
If you have offices in the area, please read on to ensure you’re prepared. If you don’t, this is just a reminder it’s good to have a plan.
Some things to consider:
- Ensure personnel are prepared, safe and have a communication plan in place
- Make sure offsite backups are current
- Secure any critical paper documents
- Shutdown non-critical systems, and consider unplugging sensitive equipment to protect from power surges
- Consider moving critical equipment away from windows and off the floor
- Ensure employees take laptops and other critical equipment home so they can continue working in the event they are unable to return to the office – and don’t forget things like laptop chargers!