Last month, legal services firm, Epiq Global was the victim of a ransomware attack. The attack took down all of their 80 offices spread across the globe. The ransomware problem is clearly getting worse.
- In Q4 2019, the average ransom payment increased by 104% to $84,116 up from $41,981 in Q3 2019
- Average downtime increased to 16.2 days, from 12.1 days
- Public sector agencies continued to account for an elevated portion of ransomware attacks, albeit down slightly from Q3
- Healthcare organizations came back into focus in Q4 for both Sodinokibi and variants like Defray 777
- The average company size decreased to 610 employees, down from 645 in Q3
It’s time to review your ransomware plan. Contact us today.