Bridge Housing - Move and I.T. Infrastructure
Organization: BRIDGE Housing, San Francisco, CA
End users: 225 employees in more than 40 locations
Xantrion Solutions: I.T. Roadmap, Constant Monitoring, Projects
BRIDGE Housing is San Francisco Bay Area's leading non-profit developer of affordable housing, with more than 13,000 existing units statewide and others under construction. To keep pace with rapid growth, the developer decided to use a pending move to new headquarters as an excuse to upgrade its aging I.T. infrastructure. It needed a computer network that could power new ERP and financial systems across its headquarters and more than 40 remote offices, while still supporting several DOS-based legacy applications as needed.
After conducting a detailed I.T. assessment, Xantrion planned and implemented a complete overhaul of BRIDGE Housing's I.T. infrastructure with an eye to easy scalability and expansion. I.T. planning included all of these components:
- Developing a common operating environment for nine business-critical applications, including legacy applications
- Automating deployment of the new environment
- Training end users on the new environment in a classroom setting
- Implementing a load-balanced terminal server cluster for remote access
- Replacing 30 aging PCs and upgrading 70 others to a new Windows operating system
- Upgrading email and file storage systems
- Designing the server room in the new headquarters
- Assisting in relocating hardware
Xantrion also prepared the non-profit for future growth by recruiting a new I.T. Director to oversee BRIDGE Housing's day-to-day operations and manage the deployment of its new ERP and financial systems.
Today, BRIDGE Housing is able to manage its resources, finances, and remote offices easily, even as it grows. Its new I.T. infrastructure is faster, more stable, and more up-to-date, increasing productivity and automating tasks that once required hundreds of hours of manual data entry.
Xantrion continues to consult with BRIDGE Housing about best practices and advise it on implementing new technology to ensure that the developer's I.T. infrastructure remains both reliable and cost-effective. In addition, BRIDGE Housing relies on Xantrion Constant Monitoring to spot and address warning signs of network problems before they interfere with operations. This guarantees maximum uptime for critical systems while freeing the developer's in-house I.T. team to focus on more strategic tasks.
Why Choose Xantrion?
- Personalized, strategic approach
- Unlimited 24/7 live phone support
- Two-hour onsite emergency response
- Fixed fees
- 99.95% average system availability
- Best team in the I.T. business
- Client enthusiasm rivaling Apple’s, based on our Net Promoter Score
Weâ€™re helping real-world businesses solve their I.T. challenges.